September 6, 2011

rainy day

It's been raining outside for the past two days and I have to say I don't mind it. It's peaceful in the house and that is allowing time to rest. It's been a busy season, but I wouldn't have changed it because it was in that season where I grew the most. There are days where I miss being with the team in India trimming finger nails of the slum children. I miss Uganda's children who all want a piece of your lap to lay on. I miss Thailand's relationships. A woman, who spoke no english, went out of her way to take us to restaurant for Kristy's Birthday (walking in the pouring rain for 20 minutes). I miss Kenya's orphanages who are filled with children that are in need of love. I can see how God's hand was at work during outreach and it continues to be at work when we remember. When we remember those moments and pray for the nations.


 I have been enjoying being home. I love my community here and am so blessed to have such a great support team. I have mixed feelings leaving so soon, but I have to continue to live in the present.  There are some obstacles that always seem to come my way when it gets to this point of leaving. I know the enemy is out there to kill and destroy. It makes it hard when it seems to all hit at once. I've recently expressed the desire to want punch the enemy to a friend and he replied with, "You can, in prayer." I have to keep that in mind. The car, finances, tickets, all of that is just material things. God is our Father who knows what we need and He is more than capable in providing it. Being more focused on Him and who He is allows us to take the focus off of worldly things which get in the way and create worry. Worrying is not being dependent on the Lord. I'm choosing to be dependent on Him alone. He has never lead me astray. So I'm choosing to take on this rainy day with joy. Joy that I cannot do any of this alone. Joy that He is allowing me to walk in this next season of surprises with Him.  





No comments:

Post a Comment